Chapter Twelve launches you into the brave new world of mobile marketing. Are you on board yet? Let us know how it’s going. Please give us any comments or feedback about this chapter in the comment box below.
Chapter Twelve Take-Aways
- The mobile marketing process is accelerating rapidly.
- The big three for mobile marketing are Yelp, FourSquare and QR codes
- Sign up for a business account on Yelp—putting your most important key word or phrase right in your name, and using them in your profile.
- Over 39 million people visited Yelp in November 2010 alone—to post reviews, and help them decide where to spend their money. Encourage people who already love your products or services to review you on Yelp.
- Foursquare lets users “check in” to a place when they’re there, tell friends where they are, track the history of where they’ve been and who they’ve been there with.
- To use Foursquare, simply set up an account and claim your business. Always have some kind of special offer set up with Foursquare, such as a small gift or discount.
- Create a QR Code and actively use it on all marketing material. Drive users to your website, blog, Yelp, Twitter or Facebook with QR codes.
- Findability Makeover: Mobile Findability–Your “Other” Computer
Chapter Twelve Tools and Websites
QR Code generator: http://qrcode.good-survey.com/