Thumbonomics Chapter Eleven – Blogging Findability
Chapter Eleven is all about blogging. Is it really a social media portal? Whether it is or it isn’t, this wildly popular form of communication should be a part of your internet marketing strategy. Please let us know what you think—any comments or feedback about the material in this chapter will be greatly appreciated. Send us a link to your blog!
Chapter Eleven Take-Aways
- Search engines regard blogs as a more relevant, continuous source of content than websites.
- Blogging allows the writer/owner to present thoughts and concepts in a more detailed format than Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Blogs are about content—always consider your readers first and the search engines second.
- Repeating keywords over and over is off-putting to the reader. Two to five percent keyword density is perfect for the body of the post.
- Blogging ideas: Company events, press releases, conventions, new products, cost saving techniques, industry news and events, guest interviews.
- No promotions, promotional ads and fliers—they don’t belong in a blog.
- Add links to other sites—Google expects experts to link to experts.
- Over time, if you are putting out relevant content, you will start to get more readers and more comments.
- Delete spam immediately; be careful what you allow on your blog.
- Be vigilant about the “voice” of your blogs. Know who it is you are trying to reach.
- Give content your readers will love and can use. This is the key to blogging success.
- Track your results in Google and Social Media Sites for ultimate Findability.
- Findability Makeover—Blogging: Better than Flipping a Sign on the Corner.
Chapter Eleven Tools and Websites
- Keyword Research: http://lsikeywords.com/
- Keyword Research: http://www.keyworddiscovery.com/
- Blog Format: http://wordpress.com/
- Google Adwords: //www.google.com/adwords
- Google Adwords Contextual Targeting Tool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGxOPUNzBj4
- Sign flipper video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHIwSHL1gxk
- Findability Blog