Thumbonomics Chapter Six – The “Big Five” Optimization
Chapter Six explains the five main social media portals, and gives examples of how to use them. Are you feeling more confident about using social media? Have you already started blogging, tweeting or perhaps put up a Facebook Fan page? Please give us any comments or feedback in the comments box below.
Chapter Six Take-Aways
- The hallmark of a really good marketer is to make sure you are everywhere.
- People expect to find you on the “Top Five” Portals: Blogging, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
- Blogging—this modality appeals to people who love reading, love new content and RSS feeds.
- YouTube—video as opposed to text; something that people really like.
- Facebook—currently the number one social media portal; your biggest plug-in to consumers.
- Twitter—the “micro-blog” and site growing the fastest in popularity.
- Linkedin—a B2B portal, primarily for business executives and business networking.
- The rapid evolution of the Internet will soon deliver new portals that will jockey for “must use” positioning.
- Findability Makeover: A Social Media Advertising Strategy, including the five “must-have” Social Media Profiles for a great marketing campaign.
Chapter Six Tools and Websites