Thumbonomics Chapter Eight – Twitter Findability
Chapter Eight tells you everything you ever need to know about the least understood of the big five social media portals—Twitter. We’d love to hear your Twitter success stories, or any feedback about this chapter in the comment box below.
Chapter Eight Take-Aways
- Set up a professional Twitter account—reserving all trademarks, brand names, product names and your company name.
- Make your site look professional— don’t use the generic templates Twitter provides.
- Include one or more important keyword phrases in your profile description.
- Use a picture of a real person in your organization and identify them by name.
- Set up an automated tweeting plan for a month; include a keyword phrase in each tweet.
- Mix up your tweets using: quotes, industry news, tools, jokes, re-tweets, promo codes.
- Use common sense and common courtesy in your Tweets—never tweet while upset!
- Build followers by inviting your staff and email list to follow you, providing great content in your tweets, and following industry leaders.
- Findability Makeover: Executive speech coach Patricia Fripp effectively uses Twitter to get more clients!
Chapter Eight Tools and Websites
Custom Twitter background design: