For many business owners, time off is a rare and coveted thing! This is the time of year where many of us are trying to conjure time to get everything done, and still get home on time. This time of year, a lot of us are on the go, traveling to see family. Instead of my usual tips, I’m going to help you make the most of your time getting around outside the office, for the things that matter the most. Let’s not have a Christmas Vacation Family Adventure! Love the movie, hate holiday travel.
In this blog, we’re going to explore some of the top time-and-money-saving apps out there, so that you can make the most of your time with the people you care about!
When you’re at the airport, this app is your best friend! It offers so many useful tips in one app!
Real-time updates on things like your gate and any time changes (as in, no more hurrying to a gate, just to find they changed it… again.)
- A list of amenities – Now, you’ll know where your favorite places to eat or shop are, without wandering around, hoping to find a directory.
- Car rentals – Your journey isn’t over when you get off the plane, and this app won’t leave you hanging either! Partnering with Avis, this app gets you exclusive discounts on car rentals, so that you can save your money for something more fun!
- Weather forecasts – Knowing the weather is a helpful part of your airport strategy. Stay in the know when you need it!
I have yet to meet someone who actually likes sitting in those uncomfortable airport chairs. It’s even more brutal when you’re catching a late night flight, and spend your evening hunched miserably between someone who doesn’t seem to know how to use deodorant, and someone else who thinks their screaming children add a certain ambiance to the waiting area.
With this app, these trials and tribulations are a thing of the past! It gives you access to a network of airport lounges around the world, without needing a 1st class ticket or and special club affiliations! This is just about getting you out of the cramped, uncomfortable, noisy waiting area, and into a nice, quiet, spacious lounge as you wait for your flight.
- Book a lounge with a kids’ room – This is a great option when traveling with your family, so that the kids have the ability to play safely and release some energy before being cooped up and sitting still on the plane.
- Take a breather – Arrive early and unwind with a cocktail, while sitting somewhere comfortable and quiet.
- Refresh yourself – Do you hate how groggy and icky you feel after a late-night flight? Are you meeting someone special at the end of your travels? With this app, you can find a lounge where you can take a shower, to wake up and wash off that airport grime!
Are you more of a car person than a plane person? If you’re driving somewhere this holiday season, there’s an app for that too! Roadtrippers breaks down the best routes for your drive, complete with all the elements you’d need to make it fun and convenient! Here’s a few of it’s best features:
- Locate camping sites, hotels, and more for when you’re ready to stop driving for the day.
- Find drives filled with history and scenic attractions.
- Get the insider’s guide to all the local restaurants – no more driving around and hoping you find something before you get too hungry!
- Explore the outdoors! Get local information on hikes and parks.
- Things to do – don’t just stay in your motel! This app helps you find out what each town has to offer, so you can make the most of your trip!
- Themed drives – They don’t just make the most of your route – they also offer adventures for you to explore, from their amazing guides! Discover the surrounding area in a whole new way!
Travel like a rock star!!
This is a program for people who travel often, and are tired of shuffling shoeless through TSA checkpoints. Say goodbye to mediocre travel, and say hello to the exclusive, luxurious experience that aviation was meant to be.
Private flights – Are you looking to book a flight with a special someone, and you want to pull out all the stops? Book a private flight, and travel in style. No screaming kids, no cramped seating, just you and whoever you want to be there with you!
Shared flights – Book a flight with other leaders and fascinating people, while enjoying the relaxing luxury of an exclusive flight.
Not only do they offer incredible flights, but the also offer exciting events, only to its members. It’s a great way to network with leaders, ambitious entrepreneurs and people with incredible life stories! Your adventure awaits.
I hope that wherever you spend the holidays this year, it’s a time of joy, great food and fun!
Happy Holidays from the Findability University Team!
Heather, Veronica, Laura and Dede