As promised, we’re going to take you through Thumbonomics: The Essential Business Roadmap for Social Media and Mobile Marketing, chapter by chapter. In chapter one, you’ll get the information you need to understand exactly why you should be using social media, and why simply having a website is no longer enough.
Social media is always about your customer, not you or your company. The key is in the very term, “social media.” It’s social, get it? Peoplewant to engage, not just purchase. And more and more, they want to engage before they purchase. They want to hear what their peers have to say about your company, as opposed to taking your word for it. Immediacy, two way communication and authenticity are the new consumer buzzwords, and social media is the best way you can provide what they are looking for.
You’ve heard it before, but I’ll say it again: in this day and age, simply having a website is no longer enough. However, you can dominate results in the search engines by using traditional Internet marketing plus social media. You can’t do it with traditional Internet marketing methods alone.
Here are some of the other important highlights of this chapter:
- The social media sites—Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube—have become search engines. People are looking for information, services and goods from inside those sites, because those sites are their preferred places to spend their time. They enjoy the interactions and the connections they are making. If you are not represented there—you are missing a huge opportunity.
- Google is looking for current information and social proof about your business—they factor it into their rankings. Whereas most websites are static, (you finish it, and that’s the way it remains) social media must be updated with a steady stream of new content—a Google attention grabber!
- The endgame for using social media—improving your search engine optimization and overall online findability. So yes, social media is a fair amount of work, but what type of marketing isn’t work?
Each chapter of Thumbonomics gives you links to some valuable tools and information for your own social media marketing campaign. In chapter one:
- Google uses your authority in social networks as a factor in your website ranking. Watch this, Does Google use Data from Social Sites in Ranking to see how.
- See how Zappos uses social media by following their CEO, Tony Hsieh.
- See how Comcast revitalized their image with Comcast Cares:
For some personalized assistance with your internet marketing campaigns, please give us a call here at Findability Group, Denver. We offer everything from planning and implementing your pay-per-click or social media marketing to training your staff how to do it themselves.