Thumbonomics: The Essential Business Roadmap for Social Media & Mobile Marketing was the book I almost didn’t write. The technology is moving so quickly I was afraid the book would be obsolete by the time it hit the bookstores. Now THAT would have been embarrassing.
Then I had a brainstorm—I could keep Thumbonomics current and interactive with one of themobile marketing techniques I teach about in the book—namely, QR Codes. Each chapter contains one of these “digital thumbprints” which takes you to a page on our website. This page summarizes all the major points in the chapter, gives you a link for each of the tools discussed, and best of all, it will be updated as the tools and trainings we recommend change over time.
Because I’m so excited about this project, I want to give you some previews of Thumbonomics over the next few weeks. Here’s a peek at some of the things covered in Chapter One: The Social Media Revolution.
- The Social Media Revolution is about your customer—not your company. (Important, oh so important!)
- Your website is no longer enough for today’s customer. Consumers don’t want to look at a static site with the same old testimonials. Today, they are demanding immediacy, two way communication and authenticity—and social media is how you give that to them.
- You can dominate results in the search engines by using traditional Internet marketing plus social media. You can’t do it with traditional Internet marketing methods alone—those days are over!
- If you’ve ever spent any time on any of the major social media sites—Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube—then you have probably already realized that these sites have become search engines. Are you being found by these search engines? If not, you are missing out on a huge opportunity for your business.
- Not only that, Google and the other more traditional search engines are also unimpressed with static, unchanging websites. They are looking for current up to the minute informationand social proof about your business—they factor it into their rankings.
- The endgame for using social media is one I know you will appreciate—improving your search engine optimization and overall online findabilit
If you have not yet taken your company into the social media arena, what are you waiting for? A personal invitation? Okay—you’ve got one! Thumbonomics will give you a comprehensive, simple and step by step program to get real, bottom line results from your social media efforts.
While you are waiting for the book to be published, visit our Findability University/social media marketing DIY to learn more.