Today, I’m going to let you look into my geek closet and I’m going to share with you the best digital marketing tools. Using these tools will help you manage your time more efficiently and boost your productivity.
In my years in the industry, I’ve used a lot of tools, I love tools. But today, I’m going to share with you 4 from my Top Digital Marketing Tools, not only are they well-known, but because I use them personally for my business and they’re fantastic!
I have a graphic arts degree from Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design here in Colorado. If I never had to use Photoshop again, I would be just fine because it takes so long. Like I’d go in to make one graphic and be in there for three hours. I’d come out of there with my eyes kind of like hurting me, and I only had one graphic done.
Canva it’s like canvas without the S, and boy this has been a lifesaver for me. I can nerd out on this tool all day long. This tool is genius because what they’ve done is they’ve taken away the guesswork around how big does that graphic need to be.
I mean, it’s like crazy as a business owner trying to figure out all these different sizes. For example, you need a banner for Twitter or YouTube channel art, Instagram Story, Facebook Cover, Facebook posts, and YouTube thumbnail. I mean they’re all in here.
They give you all of these different design templates which can make your life so much easier. I don’t have to bring all this creative energy to the party anymore. They bring it to me.
What I do is I go to Canva and create images, and then I use them as templates. So you can just use the same template over and over again…Genius! These images are great for blog posts, social media posts, landing pages the possibilities are endless.
Now, I’m building sustainability in my designs. So, when clients see these or followers see my videos, they are used to my style.
How to get the most out of Canva?
- Canva has a brand kit, where you can upload your brand fonts and brand colors. I suggest that you upload them so it will be easier for you to design your posts consistently.
- You can upload your own photos from behind the scenes or professional photo shoot of you and your business. You can upload it to Canva and add them to your designs.
- If you have a team with you, you can share the design link to them for collaboration. Likewise, your team can also upload designs and share them with you.
- Canva added another cool feature, now you can plan your content directly to Canva.
The tool I absolutely adore and couldn’t do without is SEMrush. This is a tool, it’s not free. You can get a 7-day free trial if you sign up and give them your email. But this tool has been probably the most significant tool in my arsenal when it comes to understanding human behavior, and data.
I can put in any domain name I want. We usually put in the client’s domain names. When I do that I am going to be able to see a list of keywords that my clients’ website currently ranks for. I can see how many people are linking back to their website.
How to get the most out of SEMrush?
- You can use this tool to pull out keywords and see how your keywords rank.
- If you have different social media platforms, you can use SEMrush to schedule and publish your posts automatically.
- Their analytics tool is very useful. Using it to analyze your performance makes it easier for you to evaluate your performance no wonder it is high on my list of social media management tools. I am a huge fan.
There are so many great tools here. Just the ranking tool and the keyword magic tool, you’ll be in a really good spot to do amazing keyword research.
3. Answer the Public
I really adore this tool. This is a tool that if you put the smaller version of a keyword here, you’re going to get a lot more recommendations. Answer the Public shows you all the ways that people think about SEO and its beautiful graphic.
You get the how, where, can, will, which, who, are, what, when, and why. So, every single angle of that keyword “SEO”. The front, the back, and the sides. Now, this is great you can see when should you SEO when to stop SEO when to use SEO versus SEM.
Remember, findability is about understanding how people think and then molding and crafting your content to meet that request. So, human intent through data, you need to speak to the human searcher, not just the robot.
This is what people are putting into a search engine and they’re looking for help. So, if you can point your content, your thought leadership around what you’re seeing in this graphic, you’re going to have much better traction than just kind of making stuff up from scratch in your own head.
How to get the most out of Answer The Public?
- If you are looking for keywords that will help you in creating your topic or content, try Answer the Public.
- If you want to understand your audience and what are their frequently asked questions, Answer the Public is a great tool for that.
- You can optimize your content by using the keywords gathered by this tool.
4. Keywords Everywhere
Keywords Everywhere is absolutely fantastic. It is an add-on to Google Chrome. And you’ll see what it does is it takes all the data from Google and 1overlays it on top of answer the public. It also shows up in Google search results.
How to get the most out of Keywords Everywhere?
- Install it in your Google chrome so you have it in your extension.
- Be sure to get your API key. Give your email address and then agree to the terms and conditions. It’s going to send you an email.
- If you are tired of the keywords research manual process, use this tool as it provides you accurate monthly search volume, CPC, and competitive data.
I am absolutely crazy about keywords everywhere. It is a fantastic tool the cost is $10.00 for 100,000 credits
If you have any questions about how to do this, I’m more than happy to help you. You can also email me at email@example.com. I’m more than happy to walk you through how to get this set up.
Some of the tools like Canva, Answer the Public and Keywords Everywhere are free. Yay! For free, however, SEM rush you have to pay for it but it’s absolutely worth the money.
So, have fun geeking out over my favorite tools. And I hope you enjoyed them as much as I do. Let me know how it goes with these tools. Because I know they’re not, they’re brand new to you. They’re not new to me so I can talk about them all day long every day.
Let’s start a conversation and Let’s get you started on your path to becoming Findable. Book A Call
Watch the full video here: Top Digital Marketing Tools